2019 New Membership Referral Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE OR REGULATION AND OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES; AND IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS, AGE 18 OR OLDER, OF THE UNITED STATES.
1. Prizes: Twelve (12) Prizes will be awarded. The Prizes will consist of 12 individual $100 gift cards. Exact specifications may change depending upon availability. The odds of receiving a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are non-transferable and are not valid with any other offer; no substitutions or cash equivalents are allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. If prize is unavailable, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Winners are responsible for the payment of applicable taxes, if any, on the prize and any other expenses not specifically described herein relating to the use of prize. Winners agree to supply Sponsor with any information necessary for tax reporting purposes and to cooperate in fulfilling all applicable legal requirements. If legitimately claimed, all stated prizes will be awarded. One prize per person/household.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are of 18 years or older at time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of the American Institute of Architects and its affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, any and all other entities directly associated with this Sweepstakes, and the immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. To Enter: Each Promotional cycle begins at 12:00 AM (ET) on the First of each month and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on the Last day of each month during 2019 (“Promotion Periods”). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. To enter, AIA member refer a colleague during the Promotion Period by going to www.aia.org/renew. The promotion may also appear on various links on www.aia.org, social media and digital communications. Provide your name, membership number, and contact information along with the person that you’re a referring for membership. Limit one entry per eligible person/household.
4. Alternate Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes please visit our renewal page. You do not need to renew your membership to enter. Alternatively : hand print “2019 Membership Referral Sweepstakes”, your name, age, mailing address, email address , day and evening phone numbers (including area code) on a 3” x 5” card and mail in a #10 envelope, hand-printed to: The American Institute of Architects, 1735 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20006, Attention: Membership Referral. All mail entries must be postmarked by December 15, 2019 and received by December 31, 2019.
5. Entry Restrictions: Each eligible entrant may enter the Sweepstakes either via the online/ renewal mechanism, or via the alternate mail-in method. Multiple entries will be accepted, but each referring member will only be entered into the Sweepstakes once each month regardless of the number of entries per month. No photocopied, computer generated, automated or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Incomplete hand printed entries will be ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or mutilated entries. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt.
6. Random Drawing: By entering into the Sweepstakes via either of the methods described above and submitting your information, your name will be entered into a random monthly drawing for that month’s prize. The drawings will be conducted on or about one month following that month’s entries. Drawing will use all eligible entries timely received. Random drawing will be conducted under the direction of the American Institute of Architects whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the drawing. Potential winners do not need to be present at any drawing.
7. Notification: Each potential winner will be notified by telephone or email within 5 business days of the drawing date and may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release; where legal, a Publicity Release; and IRS Form W-9, all of which must be returned within 30 days, properly executed, from prize notification date or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner by telephone or e-mail within 5 business days of drawing, or in the event of non-compliance with these rules, or if the prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate potential winner. Up to five (5) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Unauthorized Activity: If in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if there is any occurrence that affects the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any individual, or to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration, notice will be posted. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY SYSTEM, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and all its affiliates, subsidiaries, and its officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize awarded (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto). Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or in any Sweepstakes related material, the announcement of the prize; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries, or postage-due entries or mail. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
11. Governing Law: This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules and the validity, construction, performance, and enforcement thereof shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, but without reference to its laws regarding conflicts of law.
12. Severability: In any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
13. Who Won: To obtain the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope after the drawing date to: American Institute of Architects 1735 New York Avenue, NW; Washington, DC. 20006. ATTN: Membership - 2019 Referral Sweepstakes. The list of winners will be available after selection and verification of winners 60 days after the end of each month.
14. Sponsor: The American Institute of Architects, Inc., 1735 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20006.