Newly licensed architects enjoy graduated membership dues
Congratulations on becoming a licensed architect! As an acknowledgement of your outstanding accomplishment, you will be included in a program that phases in your Architect member dues.
How it works
Architect members attaining their initial license will be included in a program that phases in their national Architect dues over a three-year period. *
- 1st calendar year after licensure: Renew at Associate member rate + 1/3 the difference of Architect member rate
- 2nd calendar year after licensure: Renew at Associate member rate + 2/3 the difference of Architect member rate
- 3rd calendar year after licensure: Renew at Architect member rate
Benefits for newly licensed Architect members
Don’t forget to use the AIA designation after your name. It reflects your expertise and dedication, and reinforces this message to both the public and your peers every time you use it.
Transcript + continuing education
Your member transcript makes it easy to track your progress toward completing the 18 AIA Learning Units (LUs) which are continuing education credits you will need to earn annually, including 12 on health, safety, and welfare (HSW) topics. This requirement aligns with most state mandatory Continuing Education (CE) requirements, and we'll automatically update your transcript with any AIA LUs that you earn.
Earn HSW, ADA, GBCI, RIBA, and AXP credits through AIAU, your online destination for curated five-star courses. There are also hundreds of CE opportunities through AIA Conference on Architecture, chapter conferences and events, and leadership trainings hosted all year long.
Stay ahead of risk in your daily practice with resources from AIA Trust. Products, services, and resources include risk management strategies, starting a firm how-to’s, and indispensable member benefits such as access to health insurance, professional liability insurance, legal assistance, and more.
*Reduced dues eligibility requirements
In order to be eligible for the newly licensed architect graduated dues program you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently an Associate member renewing your membership as an Architect for the first time or,
- Membership status changed from associate to architect occurred in 2017 or 2018.
- Have never been an Architect member of AIA previously
- Have never been an Associate member who allowed their membership to terminate and then reinstated as an Architect.
Please note that AlA is a three-tiered organization. Although your membership is at the national, state, and local levels this promotional offer applies only to dues for the national. Some local and state AlA chapters may charge full Architect membership dues which will be reflected in your 2019 membership invoice.
Your architect dues will be determined by the initial year of licensure.
Former Associate members who allowed their membership to terminate and then reinstated as an Architect are not eligible for this promotion.