Impactful building interiors make their mark on the cities, places, and spaces where we live and work.
The 2022 Interior Architecture program celebrates the most innovative and spectacular interior spaces, with projects ranging from a distillery visitor center to an ice rink to an 1,100 foot table, and that’s just the beginning.
In 2019, the AIA adopted the Framework for Design Excellence as the set of guidelines and requirements to assess project performance. Climate action requires a holistic approach addressing the interdependence among people, buildings, infrastructure, and the environment. The Framework for Design Excellence provides the elements that support this vision during project evaluation. While projects submitted do not need to address all the measures included in the framework, they do need to highlight how they perform in this context and highlight relevant narratives and metrics when applicable.
- any US-licensed architect may enter
- submitting architects do not have to be the head of the team
- projects must credit every substantial contributor
- new construction, renovations, and restorations are eligible
- projects may be located anywhere in the world but must have been designed by a U.S.-licensed architect
- projects must have been completed since January 1, 2016